A powerful visual analysis, modelling, planning and simulation tool which combines highest levels of interactivity with visual efficiency of 3D graphics and GIS capabilities.
C-Vu® Project uses a unique combination of direct manipulation and constant visualisation, which exploits the efficiency and intuition of the human brain, while at the same time providing the support of powerful computational algorithms.
The product boosts efficiency and provides significant operational benefits across a number of applications:
- Project planning
- Simulation of different scenarios
- Understanding of risks and challenges
- Communication of ideas
- Evaluation and analysis
- Presentation of project data
GeoVS® intuitive “one click” operating system works in real time, allowing the user to evaluate, change and add features prior to or during project performance, and thereby avoid expensive and time consuming project simulation rebuilds. Actual or hypothetical scenarios may be examined, which allows training and virtual operational practice on a project to be achieved without the expense and risks of performing real work.
High visual efficiency
The high visual efficiency of 3D visualisations produced by the system is achieved with the employment of the rules of cognitive science and 3D cartography, supported with automatic view optimisation and focusing algorithms, to provide a clear, natural and easily-understandable presentation of the portrayed situation.
Unmatched ergonomics and interactivity
C-Vu® Project is extremely interactive, as well as ergonomic, intuitive, easy and smooth to navigate thanks to our patent-pending dynamic direct manipulation mechanisms, and integration with a 6 degrees-of-freedom manipulation device.
Multiple data sources
C-Vu® Project models can be created from a multitude of sources. Terrain and bathymetric models are built automatically from survey data, existing DTMs, satellite data or even from 2D vector charts.
The product allows user to load external data sets as well as to drag and drop objects from extensive libraries to build a virtual world containing all relevant items such as buildings, vessels, craft, templates, pipes and cables. Custom 3D objects, symbols, points, lines, polygons and volumes, as well as aerial photographs, scanned maps and other textures, can be instantly added, edited and exported. Real-time objects’ positions may also be integrated.
Data layers can be switched on and off dynamically, depending on the current need of the user. The operator has a complete flexibility in selecting the viewpoints and perspectives, both above and below the surface, including the view seen from any object’s perspective.
Support for spatial analysis
Decision-making is supported with automatic calculation of distances, bearings and angles between moving and static objects. A range of manual measurement tools further extends the spatial analysis capabilities offered by the system.
Real-time and simulated data inputs
Third party devices, sensors, systems or logical models can be integrated to provide the operator with additional information and support for his decision-making. The possibilities include various real-time sensors, physical and logical models, weather predictions, etc. Simulations prepared in external mathematical packages may also be incorporated.
Ease of use
The product is easy to master and does not require specialist technical proficiency from its operators. Full training and ongoing support is provided to operators upon purchase.
Integration with other products from C-Vu® family
- Recordings from C-Vu® Surveillance, C-Vu® Navigator and C-Vu® Pilot can be imported and incorporated in the planning, simulation or evaluation activities.
- Detailed and accurate models of monitoring and pilotage areas may be prepared and exported for use in C-Vu® Surveillance or C-Vu® Pilot.
- Visualisations and simulations may be exported for display in the complementary lightweight and affordable C-Vu® Viewer.
GeoVS® proprietary technologies are based on over a decade of extensive research in 3D cartography, cognitive science, human-computer interaction and spatial data structures conducted by a team of world-class professionals in the leading research centres in Hong Kong, United Kingdom and France. Among these technologies are:
- 3D Carto™ - dynamic visual optimisation of the presented scenes for fast and easy visual understanding, and maximisation of the information accuracy.
- Free Ergo™ - natural, intuitive and ergonomic direct manipulation and operation interface, based on our patent-pending dynamic optimisation mechanisms and metaphors, and integration with a 6 degrees-of-freedom manipulation device.
- Kine Track™ - advanced kinetic real-time data structures and algorithms used in collision and grounding avoidance that maintain spatial relationships of moving vessels, static objects and sea bathymetry, and incorporate ship dynamics and physical conditions of tides and waves.